Saturday, June 18, 2011

BONKERS


It is better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a contentious wife in a lovely home.    Proverbs 25:24

I love having a nearly teenage daughter.  It was a hectic morning and I was having an unfortunate hormonal rant in the car on the way to school.  Though I was inwardly cringing at my tone, I could not quite manage to stop myself.  My dear daughter has been growing into quite the young lady, and on occasion has succumbed to outbursts of her own.  This morning she was showing impressive restraint as she listened patiently to my tirade.  The light of unwavering truth suddenly gleamed in her eye.  As soon as she could get a word in edgewise, she redirected my mood from tension to hilarity with the following calmly spoken statement.  "Mom - You and I hold the power to drive each other bonkers."  Truer words were never spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment